Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I decided to repair the light on the engine compartment without disconnecting the battery cables.
Now I have one headlight out, no stereo, no dome or cargo light, I just replaced the headlight switch no change. All the fuses are good as well as the fusable links. Ohmmeter shows a steady decline on the pink wire leading from the engine compartment light thru the firewall. Any suggestions from the pros? Thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Did the fuses look good or test good? The mini fuse can be difficult to see a break in them. Use a test light on both sides of the fuse to verify power coming thru to start with.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Heading to the shop shortly, I'll pull out my wiring diagrams and see if I can locate where the issue might stem from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already went thru the chiiltons 89 to 96 manwell. Again there is a steady slow draw on the power wire that feeds the engine compartment light. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The pink wire feeding power to the under hood light is connected to the feed for the cargo lamps which could be the draw you're seeing. Why the two circuits quit at the same time (headlamp *fuse B or G depending on which lamp* ,dome/radio/cargo lamp *fuse 12*) can only be attributed to a ground issue especially if fuses physically test good with a test light.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check the I.O.D. fuse again. It powers the engine compartment light, interior lights, radio, etc. It has a plastic bracket around it that makes it difficult to see or remove.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Check the I.O.D. fuse again. It powers the engine compartment light, interior lights, radio, etc. It has a plastic bracket around it that makes it difficult to see or remove.
Hopefully since 2014, the last post previous to yours, the OP has fixed the problem ...

RwP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts