Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Wanting to change the single exhaust on my 2002 dakota 4x4 4.7, to the dual exhaust system, but I want to do it so that my check engine light is not always on. Can I take the dual exhaust system off another dakota, or am I gonna have problems with my o2 sensor? I want to do it with the least amount of work and money possible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a folowmaster 40 series put on my 2000 4.7. It is a single muffler with duals out the back. Cost me $250 at my local exhaust shop(muffler included). Since its cat back I havent had any issues with CEL. Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I had a flowmaster 40 series put on my 2000 4.7. It is a single muffler with duals out the back. Cost me $250 at my local exhaust shop(muffler included). Since its cat back I havent had any issues with CEL. Hope this helps. Good luck.
I did the same thing on my truck with no issues. Mine has a Flowmaster 50 series muffler though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Giving your truck a new set of duals is trivial i dont like rusty old pipes off other peoples vehicles unless its a full stainless kit but i just recently 2 weeks ago put a flowmaster(followmaster lol) 40 series with pre-bent pipes from a local auto parts store and only spent 125 bucks but that was my cost for parts and i welded all the hangers in and i get compliments all the time on it and its not obnoxious just has a good tone and rumble. as far setting a CEL NO! If anything the exhaust will improve performance minimal and reduce heat. And the way you noted "so that my check engine light is not always on" i would get a at least a diagnostic code from it if its on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts