Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 quad cab has a sliding rear window but one of the fixed sections (drivers side) has been replaced with a piece of perspex (plexiglass), I would like to change this out for a correct piece of glass (tinted), does anyone know if these sections are available?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Didn't have much luck finding new replacements available - no one sells just one panel of glass, you have to buy the entire window assembly. One possibility was priced at $444, but stated it was for vehicles manufactured after 11/02. The part number, for those manufactured before 11/02 is 55255676AB, and after 11/02 is 55255676AC.

There are several salvage yards who will sell the entire rear window for prices from $50 to $150, but not sure if they ship overseas. You can contact the individual yard and check on this. Go to http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi, and search on 2001 Dodge Dakota Glass, Back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Sir, for your efforts, the shipping if it was available, would probably be prohibitively painful, for a complete rear window, but again thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alan,
If you have any friends in the military who are stationed in the US, they might be able to find the required parts for you and get them sent to you. The cost should not be that expensive.
I am a retired MSG (Army) and would be more than happy to track down the part for you and see what the cost would be to get it to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts