Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 dodge dakota 4.7 and it is so rusted out underneath it is ridiculous, does anybody else have this problem, because it really shouldn't be as bad as it is

·
Registered
26 Posts
If the truck was driven where they use a lot of salt on the roads, it'll be rusty. Here in Alberta, frames tend to be rusty, but usually still solid, and bodies tend to rust through after 12-20 years of winter driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought a few months ago so idk where it has been I live in illinois they do use a lot of salt sometimes but like my bed is rusted out and feels like it is gonna come thru in some places and my exhaust manifold are shot because they rotted out and my leaf spring shackles broke and are coming thru my bed, I don't think it should be that bad

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just replaced the entire bed because the wheel housings were entirely rusted through at the bed sides and at the floor. The only thing holding them together was the spray-on bed liner. Under the flares was bad too. I’ve just found a couple of decent front fenders to replace mine, which are rusting where they meet the bumper. It took me a couple of years to find them locally. I’m going to keep an eye on my rear spring shackles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I was going to just go ahead and put a new engine in it because of my manifolds and fix my 4x4 stuff instead of buying a different one and sell it but things keep rusting out and it is like I just want to sell it so nothing else breaks on me anymore, because I don't know if it would be worth it

·
Registered
8 Posts
03 extended cab 4x4 in Virginia. Rear half of frame is very rusty, and under both bed wheel well flares is gone. Both rear spring shackles, gas tank straps, 3 mufflers and tail pipes and fuel inlet pipe. Cab mounts are looking rough as well. 205k.I hear the 3rd gen bed and wheel wells are worse the our 2nd gen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I don't have a muffler and my wheel wheels are so bad and my exhaust manifolds are rotted out and spots on my bed are rotting out and my shackle was broken it is ridiculous

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going to get an estimate from Macco on how much it will cost, hopefully not to much

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The fenders flares are not stock they are color matched plastic but under the fenders is toast

1 - 11 of 11 Posts