Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:Some advice on noisey front suspension.It just started a few weeks ago.The squeaking is real embarassing.I have a 2005 Dakota 4x4.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Break out a can of your favorite spray lube and hose down the suspension and steering joints.This will sometimes cure the problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
you can actually warp your front hub (not rotor) and it will squeak, maybe something to check if your still looking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been recently having the same problem too. I will try spraying some WD40 on it or something but I amd getting an obnoxious squeeking in my front driver side of my suspension every time i get in and out of my truck allong with pretty much anytime it even slightly compresses or expands the suspension. If i find a solution I will let you know as i am also looking for one myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been recently having the same problem too. I will try spraying some WD40 on it or something but I amd getting an obnoxious squeeking in my front driver side of my suspension every time i get in and out of my truck allong with pretty much anytime it even slightly compresses or expands the suspension. If i find a solution I will let you know as i am also looking for one myself.
I am having the exact same problem, but from the passenger side. I just replaced the struts (needed to be replaced anyways) thinking thats where it was coming from, but no luck. I will also lube everything up and report back.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Sounds like the upper or lower suspension arm bushings are dried out,
most likely. If you pusg down on the fender or the bumper and hear the
squeaking, that is the area you need to zero in on.

These suspension arms are ones that have the ball joints and move as a unit.

You can try and shoot some penetrating oil between the rubbers on the
bolt that the upper and lower arms are hinged on, if that doesn't work,
then you may be in to have the bushings replaced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had the exact same problem, lubed everything up still squeaked every time the wheel moved. It ended up being the bushings on the lower control arm and I was not able to find just the bushings. Had to replace the entire lower control arm to get new bushings. In the end though RockAuto hooked me up and I was so happy to get rid of the dang squeak, it was embarassing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone post a guide to replacing the bushings, my truck is currently going through the squeaking and its from when I enter the truck and driving and it is just god awful.....and id much rather do this myself....also a site to buy the parts I need..

·
Registered
742 Posts
Anyone post a guide to replacing the bushings, my truck is currently going through the squeaking and its from when I enter the truck and driving and it is just god awful.....and id much rather do this myself....also a site to buy the parts I need..
The absolute best place to buy front end parts is Rockauto. Moog is usually the go-to name for front end parts on our Dakotas. The front end is the weak spot on the Dakotas, avoid OEM parts and you're truck will thank you. You'll find a few videos on youtube that may help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts