Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Dodge Dakota Sport with a 3.9l v6 Magnum 4x4. The issue I am having is this: stalling.

It doesn't stall while sitting at an idle, it stalls when you let your foot off the accelerator or when you down shift and slow down *(i.e. exiting a ramp/merging onto an on-ramp
onto/off the highway)*, shifting into first from neutral and not getting a good rev before take off, and when shifting into reverse. It doesn't idle high and the transmission/clutch is just fine. Everything checks out, and what doesn't, I've already replaced in the last couple months.

I have checked out the electrical system, done a battery test and checked all the ground straps and harnesses that I can think of being the reason for this stalling issue. The Alternator and battery almost brand new and tested fine. As far as the fuel system goes, I replaced the fuel lines, the fuel filter, and the fuel pump; drained the old gas from the tank and replenished it with new, fresh fuel. I thoroughly cleaned the throttle body and replaced the TPS and the IAC valve. Mass air flow and MAP have been changed as well. The PVC valve and thermostat are also brand new. I recently changed out the hoses for the cooling system (bypass hose and lower radiator). Both O2 sensors are brand new and the scan tool is pulling no codes. No idiot lights, no codes, no reason for this issue. It runs an Ax15 5-spd transmission, so that shouldn't be the case either.

I just have no idea where to go from here now.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Also at this point the pcm may be suspect since no codes are being set. Have you checked fuel pressure after you replaced the fuel pump? It isn't too rare for a new part to be faulty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah I checked the fuel pressure, no issues there. At this point, I'm pretty much going back through and started trying to see if I may have replaced something with a faulty part, and I'm hoping that maybe that is the case.

I guess from here I'll go ahead and test the PCM/ECM and see if it went bad. It's fairly new, maybe a year or so since I did the motor swap. Thanks for the suggestion~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts