Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I started up the my '92 Club Cab today, to move it and it died and will not start back up. I did the on-off-on-off-on deal and main code (of concern) I got was 12 and that should indicate the crank sensor, is that right? Is there a way to check the sensor, with a multimeter?

·
Registered
250 Posts
All you can check is resistence which isn't going to give you a definitive answer; you really need a lab scope to view the pattern. I normally don't advocate guesswork but based on the code and symptoms, I'd try a crank sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
electircal problem

When you start your dignogstic check your starting code will be 12 anything after that will be the number that you will need,your ending number will be 55,at the end of your check;so remember 12 to start check-55 to end check,anything in between is the right code,to find the code just check either a haynes or chilton repair man. In the emissions section.

·
Registered
830 Posts
When you start your dignogstic check your starting code will be 12 anything after that will be the number that you will need,your ending number will be 55,at the end of your check;so remember 12 to start check-55 to end check,anything in between is the right code,to find the code just check either a haynes or chilton repair man. In the emissions section.
According to my Haynes manual (emissions code section) flash code 11
should be a No crank reference signal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts