Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was messing around with some striping ideas for the Dakota and the Charger to make them somewhat matching. This isn't very high quality, but you get the idea. I was thinking that a full color R/T logo (like the R&T logo on the Chargers) would look good inside the circle. Ideally the vinyl would match the other's paint as closely as possible. What do you guys think?

[removed to edit.:)]

·
Registered
842 Posts
I was messing around with some striping ideas for the Dakota and the Charger to make them somewhat matching. This isn't very high quality, but you get the idea. I was thinking that a full color R/T logo (like the R&T logo on the Chargers) would look good inside the circle. Ideally the vinyl would match the other's paint as closely as possible. What do you guys think?

Of course, everyone has their own opinions. Myself, I really like the one you did for the Dakota, but to me, the one on the charger is a bit thin. It'd be a trick though, to widen it out and would about have to come forward with the front line, which might also look funny as it would take in part of the curve of the rear fender cut out for the wheel. I'm just not sure what the answer is, for that one. Cool idea, to try and match them up as near as possible, I just don't know exactly how to pull it off. Guess I'm not much help. Sorry. :(

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course, everyone has their own opinions. Myself, I really like the one you did for the Dakota, but to me, the one on the charger is a bit thin. It'd be a trick though, to widen it out and would about have to come forward with the front line, which might also look funny as it would take in part of the curve of the rear fender cut out for the wheel. I'm just not sure what the answer is, for that one. Cool idea, to try and match them up as near as possible, I just don't know exactly how to pull it off. Guess I'm not much help. Sorry. :(
I appreciate the input, Bill.:) My graphic skills aren't great and I'm trying to learn to use Photoshop. The one for the Dakota was much easier to center as the panels are pretty squared up. Its really what I had in mind for the Charger as well, but I haven't quite figured out how to make it conform to the Charger's curves yet. The guys who make vinyl like this use CAD software that is way over my head.:)

·
Registered
842 Posts
I appreciate the input, Bill.:) My graphic skills aren't great and I'm trying to learn to use Photoshop. The one for the Dakota was much easier to center as the panels are pretty squared up. Its really what I had in mind for the Charger as well, but I haven't quite figured out how to make it conform to the Charger's curves yet. The guys who make vinyl like this use CAD software that is way over my head.:)
Myself, I wish I could just be able to do what YOU have done! I done know how though. It would be cool, but I'm not too computer literate! I know what you mean about the shape of the charger being hard to work with and I have no idea how to get around that, just yet. I'm wanting something that would fit in, for the side of my Charger as well and have looked at looks of premade designs, with no luck.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The truck stripe looks great as is but I think the Charger stripe needs some fine tuning.
I agree. I'm going to work on it some more this evening.:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts