Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have been having issues with my '93, 3.9L 4x4 for months, ever since i had a new catalytic converter put on. She stumbles when accellerating, idles great. I have put on new plugs,wires, TPS, distributor cap, coolant temp sensors,,cleaned the throttle body, run it with ethanol free, all for the stumble to come and go. Last night, she stumbled into check engine light mode- first time that has ever come on in the 14 years i have owned her. Checked coding, pulled a 12:memory power standby lost, a 21:eek:xygen sensor cicuit, and 27:injector output circuit not responding.
I dont know if putting another o2 sensor on is the best start... cant get a hold of my mechanics... ready to cut that cat off too at this point.
Suggestions?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Putting on a new oxygen sensor couldn't hurt. They do go bad and are recommended to be replaced every few years.

Since you've got "Injector Output Circuit Not Responding" that's where I'd start. Most likely fuel at this point and not your catalytic. No sense in removing something that's not part of the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts