Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Super Dakota! (what was that red flash that just passed us!?)

When I first bought my truck used in 2007, it was "ok" at best. Judging by the color and consistency of fluids, the previous owner had been pretty sparse on mechanical up-keep. Needless to say, I've been religious about my fluid changes, brakes etc. and the truck appreciates it. To put it into perspective, I also drive a tuned 04 Acura TL (wife's car) and at work, I sometimes drive ridiculous diesel trucks with 1200+ ft-lbs/hp... So a 2wd QC 3.7L was seriously lacking in the power dept. for me. I set to work figuring out how to crank as much power as I can out of a v6 4 spd haha.

After much research through dodge, myself, and these wonderful forums ;) I found out just what I needed. Weekend warriors, my brethren, please take note...I have ======>

--- Custom TRUE CAI, please make one. Screw the baffles and all that crap. The truck doesn't have any torque to begin with haha the mpg and sound/power gains far outweigh the losses.

--- Leveling kit. This is just to look cool. Gen III's look nice leveled. I still have stock wheels and tires.

--- Five-O Motorsports black ops fuel injectors. This is an added option imho. As long as you let the engine re-learn its strategies, stock injectors, at the end of the day, are still highly technical, computer controlled pieces of equipment. I felt like the stock ones still made ok power just run your cleaner every now and then. I do it every 15,000.

--- Hayden Automotive, aftermarket transmission cooler. This along with the CAI are two pieces of MUST HAVE tech. I probably don't have to tell you that the integral cooler does a poor job. In SoCal, stop and go traffic, steep grades with temps in excess of 90* F...not so good on a tranny. The theory behind this is keeping the PCM from using the hot-shift schedule and pre-maturely engaging the TCC. These two things ROB YOUR ENGINE OF POWER. Now in some parts of the country these conditions may be a rare occurrence. In my neck of the woods...its every day. So I'm not worried about over-cooling. :cool: gotta love dat sun!

I see people powder coating bumpers and fenders to match their wheels...pfft mine came that color stock! WIN. I may not have the power off the line. But I EMBAREASS 5.3L Chevy's on the highway all day. WIN. I got in a drag with a 00-04 F-250 that was lifted. He almost went off the road just trying to keep up! I had to brake to let him over haha! LOSER! (6.0 is junk...turbo lag... excuses, excuses) This is a 4dr v6 truck! HAHAH! WIN. I LOVE my set-up. Truck is awesome. Everyone with a Dak should copy me haha. Its a shame they had to get rid of it, but Chrysler has proven the resiliency of this truck and the brand. All I can say is I hope their next is as good as their last.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hold on there jr, before you bash on everything that doesn't have a ram on the front of it, you should know that the 6.0 is awesome at what it is meant for... hauling not racing.
stupid Guy in the 250 probably didn't even re-gear for the larger tires.

glad you are proud to represent the v6's, people don't give them enough credit sometimes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glad you are proud to represent the v6's, people don't give them enough credit sometimes.
Thank you haha that's what this was REALLY about. I don't hold one brand over the other really. They all have their quirks. But I am quite partial to my truck :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts