Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is locked [bricked, not vinlocked], but can be used for diagnostics. You can read and clear codes on your vehicle even while locked. If your vehicle is obdII and you have an engine code, the 3715 can read and clear codes on most other vehicle [non dakota, durango, rams] as well.

$50 shipped, thanks!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not a bad deal for someone looking for a diagnostic scanner. What years does it work on and what modules will it do besides the PCM? Will it do any ABS or aairbag stuff?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it it unlocked, it will work on 2003 5.7 Ram, 98-03 3.9, 5.2, 5.9 ram, durango, dakota, and 99-03 4.7 ram, durango, dakota, grand cherokees. In the diagnostics state, it can just read and clear DTC's. I have tried it on a ford car and a dodge neon and it works just fine. As far as I know if the DTC was caused by something outside of the PCM, it would be able to clear it.

Around here some shops charge $50 to read and clear an engine code, and if you were to have this tool, it would allow you to do it at home.

Not a bad deal for someone looking for a diagnostic scanner. What years does it work on and what modules will it do besides the PCM? Will it do any ABS or aairbag stuff?

·
Registered
250 Posts
If I didn't already have access to the scan tools here at work, I'd be tempted to take you up on that. The cost of any scan tool that reads generic OBDII stuff is as much or more than your asking price. This should be a good deal for someone.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
im tempted too, but since my truck is running ok, not sure i even need it right now...yeah i know, i just jinxed myself LOL

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have this programmer used it in my 02 4.7 Dakota and now use it in my 05 4.7 Ram id highly suggest it. If I remember correctly its only 100$ to unlock it through Superchips

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have this programmer used it in my 02 4.7 Dakota and now use it in my 05 4.7 Ram id highly suggest it. If I remember correctly its only 100$ to unlock it through Superchips
Correct, I have debated getting it unlocked and selling it too, which may be the only way someone will buy it. I know there are benefits concerning the diagnostics features too, that is why I am listing it so cheap.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Someones bound to buy it while still locked on my old (and greatly inferior) Dakota forum most guys sold em locked for 75-100

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Someones bound to buy it while still locked on my old (and greatly inferior) Dakota forum most guys sold em locked for 75-100
To be honest, I did sell it a week ago on ebay. But the guy sends me a message "you said it was locked, right?" Yes, I did, and it works as a diagnostics tool, but you can also get it unlocked and still have a tuner for a great price. So I am waiting on response, as I have sent him a few messages but have got no replies. :confused:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
so you mean for 100 i can get it unlocked? and it would be like new? so for 50 to you , then 100 to superchips, it would be like a bought a brand new one?

if the ebay guy balks on you i'll take it!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so you mean for 100 i can get it unlocked? and it would be like new? so for 50 to you , then 100 to superchips, it would be like a bought a brand new one?

if the ebay guy balks on you i'll take it!
Yes, I have the number of the person to call. You call and tell him you need to get a tuner unlocked and he will get your information and give you a return authorization number. You ship it to him however you choose and in a few days they ship it back. They charged me $108. $100 unlock fee and $8 shipping back to me.

And since it will get reflashed, it will get the newest version of the software, so it is better than "this" tuner if it was new.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
well dang if i had known that i would have bought it in the first place LOL

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Do you want it? The guy on ebay thought $60 shipped was too much and backed out :confused:
sure, but i have to wait now until the 10th. dont hold it for me, if you can sell it before then go ahead, but if you still have it by next friday i will send you the money, you have paypal?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sure, but i have to wait now until the 10th. dont hold it for me, if you can sell it before then go ahead, but if you still have it by next friday i will send you the money, you have paypal?
I can wait as long as you need. It is still listed in a few places but no ones has shown interest. I listed $50 shipped here, so that's what I'll ask.

When you are ready message me, bump the thread, etc and we can trade information. Thanks Jerry!

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can also just plug it into your computer like you where to update it and then you can unlock it there instead of sending it anywhere same price

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
You can also just plug it into your computer like you where to update it and then you can unlock it there instead of sending it anywhere same price
oh, so they will send you like a flash rom update file?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh, so they will send you like a flash rom update file?
No, you cannot do that. It is a Superchips Max Micro Tuner, not a flashpaq. A flashpaq can be updated via the computer, a Max Micro Tuner is not able to be flashed anywhere but through Superchips themselves.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts