Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh man, have I waited for this question lol. Yes! Use the Fabtech sway-bar end link kit w/ heim joints. Front End Link Kit - FTS98028

I ripped the lower ball socket out of the stock links turning into a parking lot once after I installed my leveling kit. And iirc, most of the Dodge designs use the end-links as a "limiting factor" in the travel of the suspension (multiple people have said something to that effect). Once I installed these bad boys I have not worried about it since.

Also recommend rubber boots to protect the heims as they can get coroded. Rod End Protective Rubber Dust Boot 3/4 Inch to 7/8 Inch Heim Fits FK Bearing, Aurora Bearing Or NHB - Kartek Off-Road

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice! I’ll check those out, thanks. A bit spendier than I was hoping for, but if it means not %#@&ing up my suspension down the roads a ways they might be worth it
FWIW I have had mine on for 2-3 years with no issues. Also have a Deaver springs add-a-leaf and fabtech stealth shocks (meant for a YJ). I sold and installed a lot of their kits and I think you could make those end-links fit on most Dodge trucks from 07+. You may have to grind a little on the “u” shaped lower bracket in the kit to get it to sit flush on the lower a-arm. The only other thing to watch once you level it is the cv boots since yours is 4wd. They could start to rip if they are old.

gonna look good man! I get lots of compliments on how my truck “looks new” (at 162k) and parked next to my cousins brand new ranger fx4 the ride heights look identical.

cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts