Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just sitting around looking at JCW and saw they had spacers and said it would increase power and MPG which i NEED in my 93 with 318.

So im just looking for input. the one i saw was made by taylor for $130. Is that a decent price?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
not sure, but i really dont see how that can increase power and mpg's. ive seen those for awhile and for most cars out there, but if it does, its probably not much of an increase. i would spend 130 bucks on something i knew for sure was going to help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tbs

Hey! I recently purchased the airaid TBS for $98.00 on summitracing, along with a hot ignition, but i get 4mpg better and ALOT more power than before! Totally worth the money!

·
Registered
47 Posts
you guys make me laugh. does anyone have a dyno sheet to prove it?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have one on my carbed Dakota and it seems to help a little but I really think a hotter ignition like an MSD would help more.

·
Aww Peg!
2,957 Posts
It may help some on an older vehicle but if you have fuel injection your wasting your money. I know, I got suckered 10 years ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have bought a couple on different trucks. I feel they do increase throttle response and think thats why it feels like it adds a little more low-end torque. You can find them alot cheaper than $130 and they work just as good. if you find a part you want use google shopper and you will find it alot cheaper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just sitting around looking at JCW and saw they had spacers and said it would increase power and MPG which i NEED in my 93 with 318.

So im just looking for input. the one i saw was made by taylor for $130. Is that a decent price?

Thanks

I have a 4.7 and the spacer worked great for me as long as you dont mind the wistle. I went with Jet from www.streetsideauto.com it was not bad priced, seems high quality and came with the gasket (not to mention made in the USA). honestly gas millage i didnt really notice more power than anything else.

But i will tell you my buddy has a 5.9 ram and has a K&N intake. We went to put a Jet TBS on it and it pushed the intake into the fire wall so much you couldnt get that top holding nut on it so he had to do some work to get it to fit.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
294 Posts
my newly acquired 93 w/a 318 came w/a "power helix"; I didnt pay for this TB spacer but for the price, it won't hurt anything will it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
one came with my cai for free and i didn't notice anything different. Maybe some lower end torque is what I've heard but i couldn't tell. Mines fuel injected though. The thickness of the one they gave me was about 3/4 of an inch i think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts