Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Dakota 4.7L v8 automatic, 4WD, has been doing an odd thing... the Temperature light and chime (the little thermometer icon) comes on at odd times,(but not very often) while the temp gauge still reads in the normal range. It goes out in a few minutes or seconds with no change in temp or anything else. What is it trying to say? anyone else encountered this? Is it alerting me to low coolant level, time to flush the system, alien invasion? I called a dodge "dealer" and was told I had to bring it in to them for a dianostic for any insight. PULLease- If they don't know what this could be, why would I trust them to find the real problem. (I know, I know, I have a bad taste in my mouth for dealership service departments:rolleyes:) Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi, I have the same bad taste from the stealerships. Have you checked the coolant level? Maybe the thermostat is bad? Any leaks? Maybe the radiator cap is a little loose or not on all the way?? How many miles? Maybe it is time to do a coolant flush if it hasn't had one yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Dakota thats doing the same thing, I checked all the fluids and they are fine. Any other ideas what may be causing this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts