Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new here, but have been browsing the forums since I got my truck in May. I've had a problem with my temp guage reading about 10 degrees high since I've got it and after many flush and refills it's never gone down. Recently, I replaces both temp senders to the pcm and dash as well as the tstat. Now my guage jumps up and down erratically during warm up and pegs out while I'm driving, though there are absolutely no signs of overheating. Head compression is good. I've noticed that after my windows are rolled up and I press the button to roll it up, it pulls the guage higher and the voltage reads low but goes back after I let off. I also noticed that when I had my sub system in the temp would read higher, or at anytime there was a strong electrical demand such as while driving at night in the rain with the blower fan on. I do have a heater core leak, but atm it is very minor and the heat still works well. I'm at a loss as I have traced the wire across the manifold and firewall, but found no breaches in the wire sheath that would indicate an exposed wire. Any ideas?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Check your battery, alternator, and belt tension. If there is an electrical problem that's affecting the gauge operation, it could be a weak battery, brushes in the alternator finally giving up, or slipping belt.

Have the system load tested at a shop as the DVOM can only tell you so much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts