Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking for headers and stumbled across
DNA Motoring Headers Dodge Dakota 5.2L/5.9L V8 (97-04) HDS-DR96V8

they were 140$ shipped they looked good nice welds decent polish for the money and they fit great. 3 bolts were very awkward to tighten but most headers are a pain. the only bad thing was they sent the wrong size bolts. The only other stainless or ceramic headers i found were $300 +. I have them on a 97 dakota 4x4 5speed club cab no fitment issues whatsoever popped the inner fender liner off to make it an easy swap.

·
Registered
550 Posts
This is in no way a complaint about the deal I got on my SS headers. Quite awhile ago I had a thread about rebuilding a 3.9 V6 rather than swap to a V8. I was offered a 3.9 core engine with a set of SS headers at a very attractive price. I was sure after getting the parts ( we met half way for the exchange ) the headers were a second tear set. My concerns were with the welding and how flat the flanges were not. My exhaust guy rewelded the ports and cut the flange to relieve stress and surfaced ground the flanges. As it turned out one header had a welding issue in the collector. Like the ones you got they were beautiful fit and polish and a couple bolts are a challenge to tighten correctly. Once again the exhaust shop went to work cutting it apart repairing the leak and reassembling. I considered the headers to be a bonus as the core engine was so well priced. First repairs cost $60 second repair $65 puts me at $125 for my headers. Steve

Edit: The hardware with my set was incorrect also

1 - 2 of 2 Posts