Dakota Forumz banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport, club cab, 3.9L V6, 5 speed manual
921 Posts
It was a pleasure working with Steve on his project. My contribution was a few clicks on the keyboard to add his really great pictures to this thread, and his previous thread on the rebuild of his 3.9L V6. There are pictures in these threads that you will find nowhere else on the internet! It's a great historical repository for this sturdy engine. I have the same engine in my Dakota, but only 138K miles on it, and I have never had to do anything to the engine itself, which still runs perfectly and starts every time. I have replaced the water pump (twice) and the valve cover gaskets, but other than that just normal maintenance -- plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, and cleaning the throttle body, and very regular oil/filter changes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I appreciate both of yalls contributions to this thread, it has been my go to for the past several months and no doubts i will be using it for future references as well. I look forward to future posts and projects from you both.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
168 Posts
While a little disappointed I'm not surprised there is little partisipation on this board. While the question was not multiple choice or answer I'll give Nate part credit. Yes right here in Newport News, Va. roughly 38 feet above sea level the std. throttle body flowed 518 CFM. I had no idea and had not seen the info in print. I was in contact with Richard at HiPoTek yesterday and he's fine with my releasing the info. The flow bench operator and I were both impressed with the outcome. It's a pleasure to meet and work with someone very sharp. I have no idea what a V8 throttle body will flow. I may buy one just to have it tested. Steve
Stock V8 flow rates were listed at 600 cfm's.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts