Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Dak in November with 132K miles. Within 2 months, as the temp dropped to the single digits, interior temp was weak to non existent. Rough while working an outdoor job. Bad water pump. Changed and installed a 165 super stat to compensate. Lots of other work too--idler & tensioner, AC compressor, and alternator --lots of vibration, squeals in the belt train.

On a 100+ degree day this summer, the overflow bottle turned into Old Faithful. Petcock was no good so a flush was out.

New radiator last weekend, but suddenly there was almost no temp registering. My Mopar mechanic buddy calls as I'm scratching my head. He says to go back to the 195 thermostat. Otherwise the computer might not 'see' temp increase and run as cold engine (rich condition). Can you say $$$ out the tailpipe?
Changed the stat to 195 and life is good. Hope this tale helps someone the Dak community.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Thanks for the info. Glad you got it fixed.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
great info! thanks!

ive never really been a fan of putting a low temp thermo in any car, seems to me that its set at a certain temp that the engineers deemed appropriate for that engine. doesnt make sense to me. i would think the engine needs to be a certain temp to function at its best

1 - 3 of 3 Posts