Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here's where I'm at. As of late my truck has been really struggling to start. One night I go out to start it up and if won't even try. Every time i turn the key all the panels drain of all power pretty much. So at first i was thinking oh my battery is dead no biggie. I got someone to come jump me and it drives home fine. I park it and even turn it off and start it again just to see if it will and it does. The next morning I go to check it and same thing happens, click. I take the battery to advance auto parts and they test the battery and it comes back as fine. So I go back and try to bench test my starter and nothing happens so i take off to advance again oday and buy a starter. Get home put it in and try again. nothing. What am I missing? Please help.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It sounds like a connection problem somewhere. If you have a voltmeter, you should do voltage drop tests on the power and ground sides of the battery. If you don't find it there, you'll have to start checking the sub-systems until you find the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts