Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Since I have replaced fuel pump tps map idle air sensor o2 sensor I bought a air gap manifold a holley carb a new distributor and a low pressure fuel pump I'm tired of computers anything I'm missing to swap over? Oh it's a 97 5.2

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Some way to drive the cluster.

Transmission if it's an automatic.

Did you bother querying the computer to see what it thinks is going on? Or datalogging any of the pertinent data streams? A 1997 is an OBDII; you can do that with a minimal investment (under $50 for a OBDII/Bluetooth or $150 for OBDII/WiFi adapter - sometimes WAY under! - and if an Android phone or tablet with Bluetooth, Torque Free which is, well, free ... )

And what's your truck's symptoms? What codes are coming up with the key dance or an OBDII scanner?

RwP

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some way to drive the cluster.

Transmission if it's an automatic.

Did you bother querying the computer to see what it thinks is going on? Or datalogging any of the pertinent data streams? A 1997 is an OBDII; you can do that with a minimal investment (under $50 for a OBDII/Bluetooth or $150 for OBDII/WiFi adapter - sometimes WAY under! - and if an Android phone or tablet with Bluetooth, Torque Free which is, well, free ... )

And what's your truck's symptoms? What codes are coming up with the key dance or an OBDII scanner?

RwP
Hi everyone I’m new to this I have a 99 Dakota with the same issues I see all over this forum it ran then it didn’t I changed everything still nothing and when it does start it seems like it is running on six cylinders please help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts