Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I own three Dakotas:

A 1st gen 1989 Shelby that I bought new and bracket raced. It ran consistent 16.65s at 85 MPH anywhere, anytime, but the stock 175HP 5.2 was an embarrassment, so I replaced it with a 400HP rebuilt LRT 360 including a six pack, ATI trans with brake, two-step, line lock, Cheetah shifter and Shelby "Bundle of Snakes" headers. It now runs low 13s at 100 MPH.

2nd Gen Blue 1997 SLT 5.2 4x4 that I purchased recently from Copart. It needs a new hood, grill, radiator and possibly A/C condenser before it is good to go. This will pull my wife's 1958 Aristocrat "glamper".

2nd Gen Yellow 1999 SLT 5.2 4x4 that I purchased recently from Copart. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this as it was at the auction due to an interior fire caused by a faulty (non-fused) head banger aftermarket stereo installation. The damage turned out to be not as bad as it looked except for the upper dash, some of the interior plastic and upholstery. Structurally, it is sound and has no significant rust issues. I might go hard core 4x4 on this one. Spent a lot of time cleaning it up yesterday.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
time
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Window
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Window
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Hood
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior
Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts