Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of the things I've done to my truck aren't easily seen and could be called theraputic or rehabilitative in nature. Today marks my first cosmetic mod: Painted Tails. Thanks to Jerry for a) showing them to me and b) hooking me up with a great guy who did them for me. I also installed a DeeZee bed mat and tailgate protector to hide some previous scars and prevent further damage.

I also debadged my tailgate. When I move on to the body, my new decals are going to be black. I also gave my truck a much needed bath; the pollen is killer down here.

I'm having a heater core installed next weekend. My new carpet is on its way and I hope to order my seats (Corbeau) in the next week or so. I would call those mods a combination of comfort and asthetics.:)

On to the pics:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Most of the things I've done to my truck aren't easily seen and could be called theraputic or rehabilitative in nature. Today marks my first cosmetic mod: Painted Tails. Thanks to Jerry for a) showing them to me and b) hooking me up with a great guy who did them for me. I also installed a DeeZee bed mat and tailgate protector to hide some previous scars and prevent further damage.

I also debadged my tailgate. When I move on to the body, my new decals are going to be black. I also gave my truck a much needed bath; the pollen is killer down here.

I'm have a heater core installed next weekend. My new carpet is on its way and I hope to order my seats in the next week or so. I would call those mods a combination of comfort and asthetics.:)

Looking good Jerry, The way I look at it, is: "Mods Is Mods!" No matter what kind and no matter how big or small! ;) Roll on Buddy, Looking Good! :cool:

On to the pics:

I've kinda been doing modding of a "Different Vehicle" at the present. After all, the Charger HAS to keep up, right? :confused: :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hey Ev....that looks great!!! Besides the fact it is blue, debadging makes it look so much cleaner!!

LOL, Stacy, you're just saying that because it's BLUE! Ha! Ha! Just kidding Stacy. :D

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've kinda been doing modding of a "Different Vehicle" at the present. After all, the Charger HAS to keep up, right? :confused: :D
Yeah, I've got so much to do on my Dakota that thankfully, my Charger is about where I want it. It did get a nice new car cover though. It will probably be getting some shorty headers and high flow mids by summer.:D

Hey Ev....that looks great!!! Besides the fact it is blue, debadging makes it look so much cleaner!!
I agree; thanks Stacy (I know you like all things BLUE).:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks good!! you should get rid of the bumper now and get a roll pan.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
842 Posts
That's one Choice ride, that just is gonna keep getting better Ev! ;)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, Bill. :) I'm working on it. My goals for my truck are: 1)Reliability, 2)Functionality, 3)Comfort, and 4)Asthetics (in that order, which kind of explains the progressive nature of my mods).

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Looking good Ev!!!!! love those tails!!

and you know i havent really been into the whole debaging thing, but it sure does look good...hmmmmm

went to look at a center console today and wasnt what i wanted, wrong color too, but the guy has a fiberglass roll pan just collecting dust. he is gonna get me a price on painting it and then 75 for the roll pan itself, hope it aint too much to paint it

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking good Ev!!!!! love those tails!!

and you know i havent really been into the whole debaging thing, but it sure does look good...hmmmmm

went to look at a center console today and wasnt what i wanted, wrong color too, but the guy has a fiberglass roll pan just collecting dust. he is gonna get me a price on painting it and then 75 for the roll pan itself, hope it aint too much to paint it
Thanks, Jerry. Plus I appreciate the hook up!

My master plan is to rebadge as similar to old school Charger/Mopar as possible or whatever looks best on the tailgate, grill and other body panels. I'm undecided on replacing the decals, but if they do come back they will be in black.

Nice find on the roll pan.
I am jealous. You may be able to paint it yourself.

Hope to order my new seats tomorrow.:D

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Update

The carpet went in today and I refurbished my headlights. The seats and bushing kit will be here on Wednesday, but I wil be out of town. Pics of the interior will have to wait for the seats.:)

Before

After

Sneak peak at interior

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
nice!! what did you use on the headlights?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Well, I'm gonna be watching YOU and Jerry, as you never know when one of you might come upon something that could work on the early generation as well. :D

Fact is, I couldn't find an R/T that I could manage to get, so I'm building my OWN, with a few deviations! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nice!! what did you use on the headlights?
Thanks; I bought the Meguiars kit; it also came with sealer to use afterward. I was on the fence between that one and the Mothers kit.

Well, I'm gonna be watching YOU and Jerry, as you never know when one of you might come upon something that could work on the early generation as well. :D

Fact is, I couldn't find an R/T that I could manage to get, so I'm building my OWN, with a few deviations! :rolleyes:
You're going to have a beast, though. I'd love to have a 440 for mine, but it would kill me at the pump.;)

·
Registered
842 Posts
You're going to have a beast, though. I'd love to have a 440 for mine, but it would kill me at the pump.;)

To be honest about it, EV, I started out to drop in a Carbureted 36/727 Setup but I just couldn't seem to find one around here. The closest I came, was to locate a '78 (I think that was the year model) 1/2 ton pickup with a good running 360/727 in it. He talked cash or trade. So, I made him proposition, he asked for pictures and never got back to me after I sent pictures. I offered to trade him an '83 Kawasaki GPZ1100 and a '72 Honda SL350 straight across for it and he backed out. Bikes are complete with titles too. In the meantime, I was turning up 440/727 stuff in lots of places. So, I decided to go with it, especially since the mount kits are out there and all. It'
s not going to be a daily driver ( just whenever I get a notion ) though. Well though, there is just no telling When or how often I'm liable to get the notion though, Is there? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
My seats were here waiting for me when I got home today. I got the frames mounted and plan to install tomorrow. I'm also planning to do the front and rear sway bushing kits and possibly new shocks if time permits.

Sneak peek at new seats

1 - 20 of 25 Posts