Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a white, and I mean straight white, 99 Dakota.

I went to the store and bought a DupliColor touch up paint for Chrysler "Stone White", which I was thinking is my color.

I applied it to the chipped areas, and it's more of a beige color . . .

Any ideas where to get the true white color for Dodge vehicles??

Also, I just recharged my A/C and I realized the cap to my low pressure port is missing . . . is there any chance I am losing pressure from that or is it fine?

Thanks all,
Brady

·
Registered
16 Posts
Touch up paint

hello,

Automotivetouchup.com... They sell touch up paint. give the year,model, manufacture and paint code it stick on the side of the door when you open it....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Should be on the bottom line of the sticker drivers door. More than likely that you should see this (PW7) which is Bright White, Clearcoat. Same color as my 2006 Dakota. Hope that helps. Looks like PW7 is the same white for a very long time on Dodge trucks and cars. You can look here for your paint code as well.
http://gtcarlot.com/colors/Dodge/All/

Being a HVAC Tech by trade I have seen quite a few leaks because of a stuck access valve with a missing cap. Best bet is to get a new cap. It also prevents junk and debris from getting on the access valve. When you have to have the AC services if they aren't careful all that junk could be sucked into the AC system and gets stuck in the orifice tube screens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts