Dakota Forumz banner

tranny problems -_-

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  njandy 
#1 ·
hello! first timer to this site and to forums in genreal but i need the publics help! i recently bought a 97 dakota sport. 5.2 4wd lifted 6in on 33's and was driving great then i noticed slipage:confused:. If i put the truck into D it will sound like a greyhound bus trying to take off with no power like its stuck in 2nd. it will shift into third after its up to speed but no further. now if i put the truck in 1, it will spin the tired take of normal and fast. now on top of this issue the other day i noticed the low voltage on the dash:eek:, took off the alternator went to autozone they tested it 6 times and passed every time, now i know my dad has a ram and he had a lead from the alternator to an always hot wire under the hood or something but besides that the tranny problem!!?! any help? please i could use all that you give me thank you, looks like a great site so far!

#2 ·
as for your trans it could be your torque converter starting to go. if that is the case it's a bad thing because they usually start throwing little metal pieces into your trans fluid. I'd drop the pan off the bottom. your solenoid will either be clear or caked with metal. it's magnetic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.