·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am getting codes:

P0700 Transmission Control Request
And
P1776 Solenoid Switch

Basically it will not hold 4th gear. The shop says intermittent 2-3 slide with shudder and 4th doesn't hold. This is what they wrote on their quote and want $485 to take out and diagnose further. Then cost's to fix after that. They also said excessive metal particles in the pan.

The truck belongs to my neighbor, she is a single mom and cant afford to pay those costs. I want to fix it for her but need a little direction. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i would get a second opinion at another shop. was this at a dodge dealership? if not i would go there first or at the very least a shop that you trust and knows dodge trucks

good luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
^^ agreed... then again if there is excessive metal shavings in the pan and throughout the trans then its probly shot... if you drain that fluid and clean out the shavings inside the trans itsself it could probly give out due to getting rid of the crud that is holding the trans together... and if thats the cost just to pull it out i would do it myself and take it to them and save a shit ton... i can get you the procidure if you need it... or pick up another trans and swap it yourself from a totald of the same make model and engine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts