Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dakota is a 2006 4x4 4dr v8. After connecting the battery i heard a shifting noise, I immediately jumped in and started it up and the noise stopped. I put it in D And nothing, it rolls backwards. I put it R again nothing. Now i look at the switch and that's when I realize that the noise I heard was the transfercase shifting.. the N light is red and I can turn the switch to 2 and 4 but nothing happens. Still stuck in N. This has never happened before. Checked all the fuses. There is power to the switch obviously. Electrical is not my thing but I believe my next move is to check the power to the transfercase shift motor. . Am I going in the right direction here to find the problem. Please someone help a girl out..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey! yeah, sometimes I really dislike electronic transfer cases... I would say check the power to the motor first. have someone flip the switch while underneath and see if the motor actually moves and works. I know when I did a diagnosis on an F250, I actually did a bunch of jumpering and stuff just to make sure the motor was shifting the T-Case. Turned out to be something in the stupid computer on that truck. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts