Dakota Forumz banner

Trasmission troubles

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  msynco 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 4x4 V6 3.7L automatic, and while going to lunch today, the transmission shifted hard going into 2nd gear. After that, the truck wouldnt shift up or down. I could stop, put it in park, shut the ignition off and restart and it would work fine for a few minutes, then do the same thing. I never got the hard shift again though. I have a OBD2 reader, and read the code it threw, but like a dumba**, i cleared the codes before I wrote them down.. I tried to replicate the problem on the way home from work, but naturally it shifted fine. Ive had the truck for three weeks. The truck has 120,000 miles on it. I use this as a means of transport to chemo treatments once a week, and its roughly 180 mile round trip. Im half scared to put it on the highway as is. Im guessing my only option since i cleared the codes is wait till it does it again, and look the code up. Unless someone on here has a better idea or suggestion. Would changing the fluid and filter help possibly, with 120K miles?
Thanks, Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.