Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble figuring out if I have the correct part # for the attached image. Under the driver floor there is a charcoal canister with an evap hose that has an odd 90 degree fitting with a boot that attaches it to the canister. The boot has gone brittle and thus cannot make a seal. I found part number 52102766AD HARNESS-CANISTER PURGE but it is not clear by the poor hand drawn picture if this is it and there is no indication if this part is underhood or under car.

I found a more universal fitting part from autozone but it does not appear anything like what I have attached in the picture.

Anyone have experience?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
What year Dakota do you have? I just had to replace my Purge Valve Canister Solenoid. It's under the hood on the driver's side usually close to either the firewall or the front driver fender. I did read in the Haynes manual that with some years they may not be under the hood but closer to the fuel tank. Not sure if that's what your dealing with or not. Also the purge canister has two "vacuum" type lines coming off of it. One comes from the fuel area to the canister and then from the canister the other line goes to the exhaust manifold area. I'm still learning lots about my Dakota and don't claim to know a ton, but that's just my personal experience. Sometimes that can help...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts