Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I'm trying to fix up my grandfather's old 1987 Dodge Dakota which is in pretty good shape overall and only 56k miles except for a couple things like the fuel lines hoses by the gas tank that i replaced, but now I'm having issues with the turn signals. They are working fine blinking and i can hear it click as they turn of and on when i have the headlights turned off but once i turn the headlights on they blinking and clicking that goes with it stops but the lights still turn on. My dad and I have already replaced a couple bulbs and checked the fuses (did have to replace 1) but they pretty much all seemed fine. I don't know what else to try any suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help it is all appreciated.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Check the grounds for all four bulbs first.

After that, take the wiring diagrams in the factory service manual (cheap on Ebay used) and follow the wiring around the turn signal / hazard switch into and out of the steering column, and verify that THAT is switching like it should.

I don't expect that to be the problem, but it's worth checking on a 29 year old truck.

The FSM will also show you where the grounds are supposed to be for the wiring, and it'd be a good idea to check all of them.

RwP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts