Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked next to my Dakota at least once a week for a year before the owner placed a for sale sign on it. Oddly the truck was involved in three accidents without every leaving the drive way. Living on a high speed highway curve banked 4 feet above the yard. In the rain people missed the turn flew though the air landing in the yard driving large hunks of mud into the vehicles parked in the drive. My friend sold me the truck and had my wife a realtor sell his house.

My 03 extended cab 2wd is Black with standard roof peeling. It seems I'm not the only one with a sagging head liner. We here in Va are into the 90 plus degree days now. I have visited a couple stitch shops and to my surprise they don't remove the head liner form to recover. They also refused to remove the plastic interior panels. My short term plan is to remove the interior and add hush mat / brown bread or some sound and heat material. Having belonged to a smoker it would be a good time to clean all plastic panels both sides. I'd like to replace and upgrade the speakers while there. There are a couple of heel wear holes in my carpet as well.

I do really like the black truck but we all know how hard they are to keep sharp. Interior heat and under hood heat are my other concerns. We have in the family five vehicles a white, red, silver, blue and black. Checking with a no touch pyrometer there is a big difference in surface temp. My thought is to paint the grille, hood, cab upper portions and rails of bed ( silver? white? ) or some other reflective color. Does anyone have some pictures of two tone Dakotas? Thanks Steve

1 - 1 of 1 Posts