Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, It's a full size Dodge truck, with a 360 that has the Purple Cam Edelbrock Intake, 750 Holley, headers, High Output alternator, new high amp battery, but it's got a 904 Trans in a 1978 Dodge D100. Said to be a strong runner. Course I COULD snatch the engine and trans and stick it in the Dakota and save the D100 for a possible 440/727 setup. Just thinking out loud. Couldn't afford it right now anyway. Course he DID say he would be open to a possible trade. '78s Make a Pretty Decent Truck Project. Also he said he was told that the trans had a stall converter, but he wasn't sure about that.

Now, IF it had a stall converter, wouldn't you be able to rev the engine some before the converter would kick in? Ar am I getting confused?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy it!! thats a cool truck.
Well, I don't have the cash, but I could likely come up with trading material (and the listing did say he was pen to trades.) hose DID have a nice style to them and could be modded easily. I woulda thought he would have gone for a 727, but anyway. :) That could always be changed. :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
that is a pretty cool project truck and i have no idea what a stall converter does LOL

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, I was just browsing some places and came up with a set of decals that look like the Little Red Express, except the Midnite Special name is in there, instead. And I wondered what that '78 Dodge would look like IF it was a gloss black (Brilliant Black would look good, I think) and had a set of gold decals made like the ones on "The Little Red Express", except reading "The Midnite Express"?

Well, THAT didn't work. Can someone help me by posting the image that this is supposed to be a link to? Sure would appreciate it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I emailed the guy with the truck today and am waiting to get him reply. No telling when THAT will happen. Of course it will seem like forever.:rolleyes:

I'll let you all know something, as soon as I know something. ;)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I DID get a reply yesterday and he wanted pictures of my "Trading Material", which I sent (along with MY position on this) and I haven't heard back yet. Don't know Whether I've ticked him off OR He's considering doing it! At any rate, the '93 Dakota is going to get attention either way. ;)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it's been 20 days today, since my last contact with that guy. Do ya suppose he's still thinking about the trade I proposed? :confused: Yeah, like you all, I figure he wasn't into a straight trade and wanted some money in the deal. :p Oh well, I HAVE moved on from THAT one and haven't looked back. ;) I needed to do a Dakota anyway, eh? :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts