Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the truck undercoated today, cost $130. It took about an hour to do and I was very impressed with the job they did. Had it done at krown rust protection, great service. It smoked and dripped all the way home. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Living here on the east coast of Canada it is very humid and damp, with lots of ice and snow in the winter months. The Province uses salt on the roads and highways to melt the ice to keep the roads safe,the problem is that the salt is very corrosive to vehicles and causes them to rust. So, given our climate and salt use it is very common to have your car or truck UNDERCOATED every year or two. Undercoating is petroleum based rust preventative product sprayed under and into body panels etc. Without undercoating up here in Nova Scotia, you might get 5 to 7 years without rust, if your lucky, depending on how well you look after your vehicle. You can check out this website for more info www.krown.com. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After looking at that site, it seems pretty legit. Too bad they are only in Canada. With me being stationed down in North Carolina, we get a LOT of rain, and that stuff would probably help a lot, plus when I go home, that's in Missouri, and depending on the time of year, I could run into a lot of snow and ice. Do you know of any companies that do this kind of thing in the states?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that Rustcheck may have dealers in the U.S. , they are very popular up here. The two big undercoating companies here are Krown and Rustcheck. You can find them at www.rustcheck.com. I think anybody living in a high humidity climate would benefit from undercoating.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
nice!

undercoatings are essential in the northeast, i was stationed in Maine and with all the salt they put down on the roads in the winter, undercoating helps keep your car from rusting through

1 - 6 of 6 Posts