Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home today after washing my truck. I was going a steady 55mph. the truck just started cycling in and out of torque converter lock up. I was holding a constant speed on a flat surface. It also seemed a bit delayed going into overdrive when accelerating. When I got home, the idle was very unsteady. It would go up to like 1500 rpm, then almost die at 400. Vacuum reads about 17 inches( I live a mile above sea level) and goes down to 10 when the Idle drops low. I disconnected the tps even replaced it with no change in behavior. How do you test the tps circuit? What else could cause my truck to do this?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Checked the throttle position sensor, nothing wrong. When cold, if you give it any gas, it will die, sometimes I would have trouble getting it started again. I finally just decided to remove the jet performance chip off the truck, and all the driveability and tach issues disappeared. I found the solder joints on the back of the chip rubbing against the plastic case of the pcm, and possible carbon tracks where electricity tried to flow. The casing on the chip itself was cracked really bad possibly causing connection issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts