Votes: 0 0.0%
  • V6 is weak. Get the V8.

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have an SLT CC RWD with the 4.7l in Amber Fire. It was the one vehicle I regret getting rid of. My current vehicle is a Challenger Scat Pack so it’s not like I downgraded. And my wife has an X3 so we’re doing pretty good in terms of vehicles.

However, we are now in a situation where we need two vehicles that can handle snow well. I’m just not willing to drive my Challenger in the snow. Some people do with snow tires, not me. We also need a pickup for other reasons. And it must be 4x4.

So anyway, back to the point, the 4.7l had plenary of power for my needs but the 3.9l are about 2k$ cheaper right now. Any one have any input on power from the 3.9l? I have only driven the 4.7l.

My uses for the truck will mostly be driving in light to moderate snow, dump runs, and at the most towing a smalltrailer, maybe a small boat down the road.

Any one who has owned a 4.7l, have you driven the 3.9l to compare, and was there a large difference in real world power?

Unfortunately a test drive won’t show how well the truck handles a load. I’m hoping to get some opinions from people who have driven or hopefully owned both.

Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Ram Dakota Big Horn 3.7L V-6 Auto 4x4 Ky Blue
1 Posts
I've had both and have the 6 now. The 6 has plenty of power, but I prefer the 8. Not much difference in milage. I think the 6 handles the snow better. The 8 always felt like it was about to break away with to much power (no such thing right). But all that was in the 4x dakota. The durango was made for nothing but the 8.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts