Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this computer stuff and in looking for info for a friend. Ok he has a 99 dacoda he put a motor out of a 2000 Durango in it it starts and runs with the brain for the V6 but only runs on 6 cylinders when he puts the brain in from the v8 it cranks but wont start not sure what needs to be done to fix this HELP

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
757 Posts
Sorry, I'm having trouble reading my screen so I missed part of your post.
I don't have any practical experience on this, but from some of the posts I've read, I think he might need to get one of those PCMs he has flashed for the conversion.

One thing you can do is use the search function near the top of your screen and start typing in some search engines on the subject of PCMs for engine swaps.

Another thing you could do is call a facility that repairs & flashes PCMs & see what they have to say. This is absolutely not a plug, but I did have my PCM repaired by a place called SIA Electronics in Tilden, Il. If you do a google on them you will probably get a phone number you could call & inquire.

There are undoubtedly other places as well. That is just the one place I have dealt with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I tried the Durango one and the injectors are not firing so I bought one from a Dakota it also was not firing I'll call around and see about getting one flashed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts