Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The left door isn't as good as I would want Needs alot of work. But All of the components are good (glass, power regulator, door lock, Mirror, door panel, Hinges, inside & out side handles). But Basically, I got 2 complete doors, 2 front fenders, rear springs, 1 aluminum wheel (spare for Club Cab), 1 steel wheel (spare for Std Cab), all of the plastic that goes around the steering column, a complete grille (with head light trim pieces), the headlight switch, the mirror adjust switch and all of the bolts and such, that held it all on. I'll tell you ONE THING, this was a trip to remember! That guy lived so far back from civilization, the last 2.8 miles was down a gravel road that had washouts off and on AND a concrete low water bridge complete with "running water". Heck of a nice guy. Before we got started good, taking the parts off of the Dakota, he showed me "His Toy". Under i cover, in his shop, was a 1940 Willys Coupe! Yes, a TRUE Hot Rod, that is presently running a small block Chevy, but he has a High Cube Big Block that he is putting together AND he has a cabinet that he opened to show me something that made my Jaw Drop! A Beautiful fully polished Blower sitting there with 2 fours on top! It was a job keeping from "drooling"! :D Very interesting Day!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
wow! that sounds cool!! glad you got what you were looking for and then some!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow! that sounds cool!! glad you got what you were looking for and then some!!

Yeah, it WAS a pretty cool experience. On thing though, the last part of the trip, was about 3miles of dirt (Gravel) road and it took me forever to make that bit of the trip. It's amazing how slow the miles go, when you are only going about 25 - 30 mph. My Charger isn't used to going that slow.

It would have been better, if that left door would have been in better shape, but I can't complain. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts