Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm using my Dad's '93 Dakota, here, but it IS in My name too! LOL Glad to see this place here and to see the Mopar Clan Grow, Is Fantastic! We've got a Lil' 1993 Dakota Std Cab 4x4 and I'm looking to pump some new life into it. There is a bit that needs to be done to it. But, the automatic trans & transfer are freshly rebuilt. Like to see what I can do to upgrade it abit too. My other ride is an '07 Charger R/T, with a '69 Plymouth GTX in the background. Into motorcycles as well, for starters, I've got a nice '80 Honda CBX & an '83 Kaw GPZ1100, w/ some odds and ends too. Looking to Learn AND give a helping hand where I can.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I hear ya...I do what I can as well, trying to help getting this one going, workin on the Ram and 300 sites as well.

But it's all for that great cause, The MOPAR Clan!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you! Any pics of your rides? We'd sure love to see them! What do you have planned for the Dakota?

- Cajun

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to the DakotaForumZ!!! Nice collection of other Mopars andd bikes that you have there!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome!! Post up some pics if you have them.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you! Any pics of your rides? We'd sure love to see them! What do you have planned for the Dakota?

- Cajun
Thanks Cajun, I appreciate that. Yeah, I've got a few, I'll try to get some posted this weekend.

First off, the Ol' Dakota needs some work. My Brother (though I hesitate to call him that/ Long Story!) ran that Lil truck ragged, borrowed it from my Dad and kept it for several years. it's got a bit over 100K miles (trans & transfer were both blown), got a fully rebuilt trans & transfer now. Want to get the truck back up in shape. Wouldn't mind dropping a 360 in there, but the 3.9 V6 does pretty good. Need to drop the gas tank and clean it out and service the whole fuel system ( Brother let it sit for about 2yrs with some gas in it.:eek: Need to get some good tires for it. Might mod it some, but not exactly sure what I can get away with, since it IS my Dad's truck (even though he can't drive anymore) After I get it back in shape, I may be looking to up grade the lights, look for some more comfortable seats (probably used), see if there is anything that would help the handling and the performance of that V6 (though I would like to know how much trouble it would be to swap out for a 360 :D). While it was in my brother's "care", he broke the trans, transfer, left rearview mirror, front Valance (the plastic body piece right below the front bumper/ Air Dam?), the radio, right door panel has damage, latch broken off of the sliding glass window and the left door has a fair size dent in it (I might be able to bump that out from the inside). Oh and I'm not sure yet, what is missing, but there is a piece of the transmission linkage (might call it a bellcrank) that has linkage from the shifter on one end and the linkage from the trans on the other end and something is missing from the frame end of that "Bellcrank' and lets it slide out of the mount that is on the frame. Then the shifter just flops and you can't shift.

I need to get the time and get to the proper area, to really lay out what I'd like to do to this Lil' Truck. (can you say Early model Dakota R/T, but w/ 4whl drive? :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the DakotaForumZ!!! Nice collection of other Mopars andd bikes that you have there!

Thank you chithead, Proud to help and learn while I'm at it. ;)

Thanks for the compliment as well. I'm proud of them. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
You may find that you'll need to swap the transmission along with the engine depending on what tranny it currently has. If it's for the 42RH, it won't stand up to the power of the 360 engine.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello here!!! Glad you came on over and showed some love!! :D

Thanks for that Bluejet, when Duty calls, ya just gotta respond. ;)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome to the best damn Dakota site on the PLANET!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You may find that you'll need to swap the transmission along with the engine depending on what tranny it currently has. If it's for the 42RH, it won't stand up to the power of the 360 engine.

I don't remember right off, which trans it has, BUT with MY luck, it's the one you mentioned!:rolleyes: My luck seems to run that way. Is there a chance that it isn't the 42RH? Could the fact that it's the 4 wheel drive model, help my chances? :confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts