Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things have gotten so, that I have to back off of that one for now. I'm not getting rid of it, it is just on hold. There is a fair amount that I can do to the Club Cab and not be a problem, moneywise. Afterall, the Club Cab, as it stands now, is mainly going to be a fixer upper. As I get the chance, I will start a thread on it and show how things are going with it.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Sorry to hear things have taken an unexpected detour. I hope you will get back on track without too big of a delay.:)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear things have taken an unexpected detour. I hope you will get back on track without too big of a delay.:)
Thanks Ev, but it might be a little while before this one makes much progress at all.

Here's where it stands, as of now:

The truck had no front springs and the rear springs were stripped down to the main leaf. That's why the truck was almost sitting on the ground. I got some stock springs, so I could get it up and go from there.

I HAVE the 440 engine and 727 trans, that have to be gone through. I think the trans will need the most done to it.

I have the mounts to put that eng/trans combo IN THERE, along with the headers that were built for that.

I have the "6 Pack" intake and carbs. I still have to get the hardware to mount the carbs to the manifold, linkage to be able to hook up the accelerator and the air cleaner.

I have gotten some parts, to replace the defective ones (or missing parts) on the truck.

I CAN go on with stripping things off and out of the truck, that won't be used AND I WILL provide progress reports and pictures, as I go on with that.

I STILL have to make final decisions as to the colors to use, inside and out .

I AM committed to this build. I am just having some issues to deal with and have to realize that I can't do ALL of the projects that I want to do and part with some of those. That way, I can get down to an achievable group of projects and go with that.

Have you EVER put too much food on your plate and realized that you have to cut back, to be able to finish? Well, THAT'S part of my problem. I'm not getting any younger and I DON'T have a huge bankroll and have to adjust accordingly.

Thanks for listening folks. ;)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I hear ya, Bill. I've had to slow down a bit myself.

I've been dabbling with my '69 Firebird for about 20 years; I don't know if it will ever get done. My biggest problem with it is I need things done that are beyond my capability (welding dash back into car; replacing floorboards). Once I can manage those things, I can begin to do the things I know how to do.

Its a process. I've also comsidered selling it and all my parts, but since it is safe where it is, I am in no rush to do that.

Anyway, all in due time, my friend.:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I hear ya guys. I will never finish my list in my life time. Just do the things that have to be done , then pick away at the rest. Do the things that bring you and others the most joy. WOW that sounds corny.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya, Bill. I've had to slow down a bit myself.

I've been dabbling with my '69 Firebird for about 20 years; I don't know if it will ever get done. My biggest problem with it is I need things done that are beyond my capability (welding dash back into car; replacing floorboards). Once I can manage those things, I can begin to do the things I know how to do.

Its a process. I've also considered selling it and all my parts, but since it is safe where it is, I am in no rush to do that.

Anyway, all in due time, my friend.:)
I hear ya Ev. In MY case, there are things that I don't have the skills and/ or the equipment to handle, there ARE things that I CAN do, but then there are things that I used to be able to do, but find harder to handle now days (least I say that A.G.E. has had an effect on?). Besides everything else (my Daughter, my Dad and everyday stuff), I have Car Projects, Truck Projects and Motorcycle Projects. :rolleyes: That's not to mention the upkeep on My place and my Dad's. Good Luck with the '69 Firebird, my GTX is the same year, ;)

I hear ya guys. I will never finish my list in my life time. Just do the things that have to be done , then pick away at the rest. Do the things that bring you and others the most joy. WOW that sounds corny.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Only thing is, I have let some of the things slide, that I NEED to do and done some things I WANTED to do. :rolleyes: I REALLY need to push myself to get again as much as possible, on the things I NEED to do and THEN see about the things that are just for me. It just doesn't seem like the time is ever going to be there and the weather that will permit that. My work area is the driveway, yard or wherever that is available OUTSIDE. :(

LOL, Might sound "Corny, but sure does FEEL GOOD, to be out there doing "Our" things. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts