Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm checking all the different forums to make sure I don't miss anything that I need to gather up for this swap or if it can even be done. It seems a lot of the 99 stuff was different from 98 and different from 2000 so maybe not. It appears I'll need the spindles of course, rotors, caliper w/brackets, pads, and hoses. Are my 99 ball joint studs and tie rod end stud going to fit in the 03 spindle even though the aftermarket part numbers are different between the years. Will the hoses fit without any modification? Will it all fit without any modification? I just wiped out another caliper mounting hole today because I was replacing a caliper with a leaking brake bleeder screw that I couldn't get to seal. I even made sure I started it by hand all the way up and then I barely got a 1/4 turn on the ratchet to finish it up and the threads were gone. You can't tell if they're going in straight because of the bushing. This is an insanely poor design. When I got the truck a couple years ago the caliper mounting holes were actually cracked. So I've already had to replace both spindles at least once.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts