Dakota Forumz banner

What type of media storage do you use?

• Head unit CD player (WMA or MP3 format)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Ipod or similar media player

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Flash drive

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Built in HDD

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little something to get the ball rolling in the Poll forum. I mainly use the flash drive hooked to the head unit in my truck. Ocassionaly, I'll toss in a CD.

·
Registered
50 Posts
mygig with HDD - haven't touched a CD in a long time!

·
Registered
59 Posts
800+ CD's? No wonder you put your stereo in a truck!
I like the ease of use of a media player or HD, but nothing beats true CD audio format streaming through dual 24 bit D/A converters. You will hear it at Gatty.....well, unless I don't have it anymore..

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to agree. While my jump drive is handy and easy to use, the clarity doesn't compare to a CD. I had a sizeable CD collection once upon a time but it was stolen out of my then girlfriends car and I never did rebuild.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mp3 to Auxiliary 3.5mm jack in an aftermarket headunit. Not an integration kit, but it is a $5 solution to connect my Mp3 player to my headunit.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
we have the 30g MyGIG in the Charger, which half of that is used for the Nav maps and data, but i only have a cd player in the truck

for now :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Currently, my Droid Incredible Cellphone with the 3.5mm>cassette adapter. :/ New HD radio w/ CD and 3.5 input, and dedicated truck iPod are on the list!

·
Registered
30 Posts
sony xplod head with 4 6x9 sony xplod speakers one in each door that mounted to the factory brackets if you drill new holes or use self taping screws :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts