Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start 1st,
360 cui. .030 over Flat top pistons 10:1 compression, Solid flat tappet Comp cam, Edelbrock Performer Rpm heads, Edelbrock Air gap intake, Holley 800 cfm carb, Doug Thorley headers, MSD Billet Distributor, MSD Coil, MSD 6AL Box, March serpentine pulleys, Lowered 5" front 4" rear. AAR ram air hood. Billet grille, clear corners, NEX Racing Seats, Hurst Pistol Grip- Quarter Stick Shifter, TF 727 Transmission w/2400 stall, line lock.
Mods coming: Electric fan, Fuel cell, Sure Grip Posi w/ 3:73 gears, Rear disc conversion and many more... :cool:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I learned a long time ago that not standing out can be a good thing (at least where law enforcement is concerned) so my mods are for my benefit and largely unnoticed. The biggest thing I've done is my stereo - Alpine CDA-105 head unit, (4) Alpine Type-S 6.5" speakers, Alpine MRP-F240 amp driving the 6.5" and a Fosgate P.500 pushing a pair of 12" Kicker subs.

The dome lights are LED strips and I also added a pair of strips over the dash to supplement the new dome light setup. Exterior lighting has been changed up a little too. The SXT didn't come with factory fog lamps, so I bought a set, cut out the fascia and installed them with a pair of Eiko super white bulbs. When I added the factory switch with the fog lamp control, I decided I may as well add the cargo lamp option as well, so $20 and a trip to the salvage yard, and two Silverstars later, I have a very bright cargo lamp setup.

About all you'll notice from the outside is the 20% SunTek tint, Altezza tail lights and the Pilot driving lights mounted to the bottom of my hitch as auxilary back up lamps.

Performance-wise, all I've done is keep the truck well maintained and in peak condition and added a K&N drop in (see first paragraph law enforcement reference). I'm thinking a Magnaflow has a spot reserved on my truck in the near future and maybe a full on CAI. We'll see...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya the laws here suck but i have my ways around it. and its not my daily driver. its my hot rod! Do you have inspections in TN ramtech

·
Registered
250 Posts
No, we don't have an inspection here. My issue is having the power of 8 cylinders. I tend to accrue numerous points on my license.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, we don't have an inspection here. My issue is having the power of 8 cylinders. I tend to accrue numerous points on my license.
Hahaha nice. ive been lucky so far. no tickets yet. but have been pulled for lots of things. and reamed out by the cops, dont cut them off, they get really pissed.:mad:

·
Registered
124 Posts
You win a free ride to License-less Town.

Been there, a bit difficult to be smooth on a date when she has to drive...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dakota was successfully delivered today all the way from wisconsin. when i get it all cleaned up ill take pics. its been sitting untouched for 4 1/2years. but its still sweet. just give me time to present it..

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
the mods on my dakota were done by its first and only other owner. he put on a flowmaster muffler with dual outs, ARE hardtop tonneau cover with wing, cold air intake with K&N 9 inch filter, over sized tires (275/50R17), and an Alpine system with dual MTX subs and amp.

my mods will be an M1 intake, headers, new exhaust, upgrade the stereo (its almost as old as the truck), some interior mods and exterior styling. i will be way broke or homeless when im done!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
My dakota was successfully delivered today all the way from wisconsin. when i get it all cleaned up ill take pics. its been sitting untouched for 4 1/2years. but its still sweet. just give me time to present it..
looking forward to it!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Drilled rotors/ ceramic pads, Magnaflow cat + muffler (single), rear Alteeza lights, sometimes headlight shades, step bars, Reflex shocks, upper/lower ball joints, new radiator, new 3-way speakers, ventshades.
Will be getting plenum gasket done this week and 180* stat. Probably smooth out the 'turtle' and TB also, plugs, dist./rotor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My current ride my Ram has just a si/do mbrp cat back mopar running boards and camo seat covers give me 8 months and itll be alot longer

My old ride my 02 4.7 4x4 qc 3.92 Dak had a thrush muffler w/ a custom cat-back, air raid cai and I had to custom fab the box for the filter, superchips programmer, jeep tcm mod to give it the second overdrive, 3in body lift and 33x12.5s, rebadging w/ 2nd gen Dakota badges on the doors next to the magnum v8 badges that came on 5.2s and r/ts and 5.2 and 5.9 Rams

1 - 14 of 14 Posts