Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 dodge Dakota sport 3.9 and I can't stand the look of my headlights any more and I've been looking around online a lot, I just can't seem to figure what's the best type/style of headlight to get. Any input is appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I purchased a pair of Eagle Eyes based on their appearance. But when I got them I was somewhat disappointed with their quality and lack of instructions. The first thing I noticed was one of the reflectors was turned 90 degrees and the flutes were sideways. I had to partly disassemble it to turn the lens to correct it.

When it came time to install them, I was on my own. There were no directions included. One of the problems I discovered as I tried to install them was that the lights did not seem to fit correctly The entire unit appeared to be sticking out of the fender too much. The only way to correct it was to bottom out all of the mounting screws. But the screws were tight and I ended up stripping a few of the phillips heads. I ended up removing them and using a dremel to cut a slot to use a flat blade screw driver. You can't just use another screw. These used a ball type end on them. The next issue was once I got the headlights in and looking right, I couldn't easily adjust the aim and ended up breaking the plastic around the screws. I fixed this with JB weld. Although they look fantastic, I wouldn't recommend them. If I had to do this again, I'd just go with OEM

Ed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually looking at eagle eyes but thanks for the heads up. And a follow up question what company has good quality oem headlights?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Headlights

If you want an OEM look and no fitment issues, go with DEPO Headlights from Ebay. I would personally stay away from 1 piece set-ups but that is my preferance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts