Dakota Forumz banner

When coming to a stop, tries to stall..

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RalphP 
#1 ·
Truck starts just fine and for the most part it runs great ( with the exception of it have 0 power lol.. like when i kick it down, it doesn't rev very high it just slowly picks up speed. any idea?) anyways, i just got this truck and am trying to fix it back to tip top shape as best i can. My question to you guys now is, I'll be rollin gon down the four lane and ill come to a red light, when i stop it tries to die down. It hasn't stalled on me yet but it's all the time acting like it wants to. Do you guys think a new throttle positioning sensor and and air idle control valve will fix it? also, it doesn't shift like everything is in working order.. sometimes it takes it longer than it should to shift.. any ideas on any of this or?

#2 ·
Ok well, my OBD has thrown a code for the trans. transducer and the gov pressure solenoid. This morning it was really cold and snowing and i pulled out and it missed second a rev'd up to about 3k like it was in neutral. My transmission is going out isnt it guys??? anyone??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.