Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a code 22, engine coolant temperature sensor above/below voltage. I know there are two sensors for this engine, one to the left and one to the right of the thermostat. I know one is for the ECM, the other is the sending unit. With this code in the computer, which one do I change?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The ECU is the two-wire sending unit; the gauge, the one-wire unit.

For a Magnum, I think they're laid out like the LA; so the driver's side is ECU, passenger side is gauge.

(Easy way to verify? Heat the motor up to a decent gauge deflection, turn it off, turn the ignition ON but don't start it, and disconnect one of the sending units. If the gauge heads to "C" immediately, that's the wrong one *grins* )

RwP

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply RwP. I asked the guys at O'Reilly's and they said the same thing. You were right! Turns out it is the one behind the AC compressor, looks like I have to wait for the part to come in now! The one on the passenger side with one wire is for the gauge. That one works just fine!

·
Registered
294 Posts
they are cheap replace them both. You as much as touch the other one, it will break off at the brass base, the plastic gets brittle over the years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts