Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I have looked high and low (I think), trying to find out what differentials were available (also std equip.) for each engine & trans.

Example: '92 std cab 2.5 4cyl/5spd std trans = which differential and ratio std equip AND what was optional.

If we had a list somewhere that showed all of the years, what differentials there were
(like: 2.5 4cyl/ 5sp std trans/ ? (differential,std)/ (std ratio)
" / / ? (differential,opt)/(opt ratio)
" " " "

Or, where we can go online and find this info ourselves.

Any input on this, would be appreciated, Bill ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine has the 8 1/4. with 3:23 gears. yippie. haha its getting either 3:55's or 3:73's with my setup. not sure if i want to go with the 3:92's or not. you should have the same rearend. I think they all had the 8 1/4 those years. but double check.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine has the 8 1/4. with 3:23 gears. yippie. haha its getting either 3:55's or 3:73's with my setup. not sure if i want to go with the 3:92's or not. you should have the same rearend. I think they all had the 8 1/4 those years. but double check.

Thanks for that. I guess I'm gonna have to get under that thing and look. Not sure how to tell the difference though. If I remember right, there is supposed to be a tag on there, that tells the ratio? I guess I'll start out with what's in there and see how it holds up. But, I sure ain't gonna look at that rear end now and probably not for a few days. The temp here is 30 degrees and I Ain't gonna be getting out to look at no differential, just to tell which one it is and what the ratio is. That will have to wait til it warms up a bit. :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts