Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I can't get a 6-speed to mate to my 318, in my opinion, the only reasonable answer to my problem is a complete engine/tranny swap. My question is who here(if anyone--board seems a little dead) has put a newer Hemi in their gen II dakota? Just looking for some general information from someone who has succesfully done this because I haven't found anyone yet. Surely someone has put a Hemi in a dakota...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just so you know. you can put a 6 speed in your truck. i see lots of people doing it. there is a lot of info on this forum to do anything for your truck. lots of hemi swaps going on here to. i live on that forum. You will be happy. keep in touch if you have more questions. im doing a 360 swap in my 94 dakota. be glad to help if i can.
dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56958

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
had to remove the link, you can put the text in there, just cant make a link, sorry

and to WKUDakota, we are a new forum so it only looks dead, but it really isnt, just been around since november 2010. not like our Ram site which has been up forever and has almost 20,000 members

check out youtube also for hemi swaps or 6 speed tranny installs, im sure you will find what you are looking for

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No tryin' to disrespect the forum, I had no idea it was so new...it was the first dakota forum that popped up on google.

Hey thanks for the reccomendation on the site MoparMadness. THe HEMI swap looks cool but there is more work than I thought there would be. Can you give me the link for a six-speed swap? Which 6-speed are they using? I really want to just add a 6-speed, maybe just supercharge the 318, I have a friend that is selling his lightly used Paxton supercharger for a grand...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
No tryin' to disrespect the forum, I had no idea it was so new...it was the first dakota forum that popped up on google.
no worries! and there's a reason its the first one on google :) you get what you pay for!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts