Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm a new enthusiast. I own an 1999 Dodge Dakota 3.9 and I'd just put an complete tune-up on her last night. The truck sat in my garage for a couple of months, and I thought the tune-up would fix whatever might be wrong, though now when start it up I have to keep my foot on the gas pedal or It'll cut off. Can any one tell me what this means, and what can I do to fix this problem? :confused:

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Glad to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! I can't help you with your problem but there are others here who can! I hope you get this fixed and sorry I can't help! :(

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! glad to have you with us. did it do that before it sat? fuel injector cleaner? idle adjustment? not sure if there even is an adjustment though

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome to DakotaForumZ, glad to have you join us! Sorry to hear about your problem, but I have the same question as above, was it doing it before it sat for a while? Looks like dodgefan has the same recommendations as I would have, but good luck, keep us posted and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cajun

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm a new enthusiast. I own an 1999 Dodge Dakota 3.9 and I'd just put an complete tune-up on her last night. The truck sat in my garage for a couple of months, and I thought the tune-up would fix whatever might be wrong, though now when start it up I have to keep my foot on the gas pedal or It'll cut off. Can any one tell me what this means, and what can I do to fix this problem? :confused:
Was the battery dead when you began this project? A dirty thottle body/IAC may also be the culprit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts