Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 97 DAK that im having trouble deciding to either lift or lower:confused:....but all i know is im gonna try and run 15x10 wheels (most likely gonna need adaptors). but also im trying to decide between a winchready frontend, a bull bar, or a brush guard?! seems like no one really ever does anything with the second gen so its kinda iffy how stuff looks haha

anyways....im more of a stanced out car guy at heart but i thought i would dabble a with my work truck and see what i could do!:rolleyes:

P.S. i just swaped from the OEM hood to a steel cowl induction hood on this morning!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Germantown, Maryland!
Glad you decided to join us.

Where did you get the new hood?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you get the new hood?
i snagged it from a guy off Craigslist. i picked it up for only 100 in pretty damn good condition!! ill post a link to it though, you can find them everywhere but some places are way more expensive then others

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/kpt-1586-035?seid=srese1&gclid=CPHs_-Guk7cCFQpxQgodYlUAOg

it is a very easy swap! I did by myself in less than an hour with a basic socket set, just make sure you have an extension. there are about 16-17 bolts (my memory is doing so good right now haha) but there are only 4 bolts that physically hold the hood to the brackets, the rest are in the grill/grill mount setup, and 1 last bolt in the hood light if you decide to switch that over.

i would recommend a buddy to help, since it is a awkward shape to lift and try and manuever on the brackets by yourself...but it can be done!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got rid of the rust spot on thee roof due to that shit-coat paint that dodge used....but its looking pretty good now! hopeffully going to be using a bed armor type product for the rest of the front end (the upper & lower bumper, and the grill) i hate the chrome that are on these things, so im just gonna make it one rugged ass beast haha

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Bumper

ive got a 97 DAK that im having trouble deciding to either lift or lower:confused:....but all i know is im gonna try and run 15x10 wheels (most likely gonna need adaptors). but also im trying to decide between a winchready frontend, a bull bar, or a brush guard?! seems like no one really ever does anything with the second gen so its kinda iffy how stuff looks haha

anyways....im more of a stanced out car guy at heart but i thought i would dabble a with my work truck and see what i could do!:rolleyes:

P.S. i just swaped from the OEM hood to a steel cowl induction hood on this morning!

I would lift it and put on one of these TAG bumpers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts